Multi-camera Tracker for Large CCTV Networks
Tag and Track (TNT) is a Video Content Analysis based tracking system that operates on a network of overlapping and non-overlapping CCTV cameras to track a “tagged” individual.
In an operational role, once a person has been tagged the system takes over and automatically follows that person, intuitively waiting and reacquiring them should they disappear into areas not covered by the CCTV network. The system will also track the tagged individual backwards in time to show where that person has been. Tagging is either performed by operators using the Graphical User Interface or automatically when certain VCA and/or other triggers (e.g. intrusion) have been satisfied or another sensor input trips (e.g. facial recognition).
The system memorises the appearance of the tagged individual (based on a number of different visual identifiers) and tracks this collection of information. The Tag and Track system automatically learns the geometry of the camera network and understands where an object is likely to reappear when it goes out of one camera view.
In forensic mode of operation, the Tag and Track system could be used to analyse hours of incident related video footage in minutes to produce a detailed account of individual movements in the surveillance area.
State of the art 2D tracking algorithms cannot reliably track objects in densely cluttered and crowded scenes. In this respect TNT is designed to use Tracker++. This fuses information from multiple overlapping cameras to achieve improved tracking capability in comparison to trackers that rely on a single camera. The system has been developed on scenes with varying crowding levels
TNT Key Functionality
- Both Forensic and Realtime analysis capability
- Forensic operation saves hours of manual analysis of video footage
- State of the art tracking algorithm to handle object segmentation and tracking within crowded scenes
- Object Tagging and Display of tracking results via a graphical user interface
- Can synchronise real time with other sensors for identification of tracked objects
- Facial Recognition
- Biometric sensors
- Transport Barriers activated by passenger identified cards (e.g. Oyster cards)
- Other Analytics Detections (abandoned bags, intrusion etc.)
MORE IN THIS SECTION
- Video Analytics
- Benefits of Video Analytics
- Transport Incident & Traffic Management
- Intrusion Detection / Perimeter Protection
- People Counting & Space Management
- Behavioural Analysis
- Tag & Track
- Forensic Search & Analysis